Thursday, January 9, 2014

Treat Yo' self

        As I enjoyed a lunch to myself this afternoon, I realized how afraid people are, especially of this generation, to be out in public alone. Or even in private on their own. I know that I am pretty introverted, so it's easier for me to be alone, but I really think everyone needs to know the value of treating yourself to some alone time. It's a nice chance to get to know your self, or even in my experience, let God treat you. I find that if I'm alone with him somewhere, the music playing on the radio gets infinitely better. And I find I am so much happier if I acknowledge His presence when I'm on my own. I get through traffic more easily. People are in better moods if He's with me. It's just pleasant. It's so fun to take myself to lunch and hear some of my favorite songs while getting awesome service and easy traffic to put up with.
       Now, I could easily be fooling myself. It could be a good CD the restaurant is playing, it could have been a good day for the people working, and I could have just been out at a good time, but I don't care. I like to give God credit, because in the long run, isn't He still responsible for my pleasant me-times?
   It is a good thing to have time alone. It can be rare if you are an extrovert, but it's still important. You need time to know yourself, your wants, your needs, and your shortcomings. If you haven't come to know, love and respect yourself, how are you supposed to expect others to know, love, or respect you?  Think about it. And, if you're into it, let God know you too. Your alone time doesn't have to be a big hours long ordeal where you sit in silence waiting for Him to grant you His messages. It can be in the car when you have a few minutes and are running late and you thank him for all the green lights, or when you are at lunch alone and recognize the awesome playlist He had ready for you. He's there. It's not hard to find Him. Just look, and be happy. He is not some scary Creator in the skies measuring your sins and faults. He's with you when you're bored to death in traffic and when you are too sleepy to get out of bed on time.
       Treat yo' self to some alone time. You'll like who you find.

1 comment:

  1. Margie this is wonderful. YES, HE wants to fellowship with us and bless us if we will acknowledge who He is, our soul mate, our cleft, our comforter and the mechanism that provides abundant eternal life. Blessings on you for your courage and desire to know the Lord. You evidence stature and great maturity in your youth. Really enjoyed this blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete