Sunday, August 11, 2013

Her Brother

Her Brother

I love her brother. So, so much. He was also adopted as a baby and he is almost three. He is the sweetest, big-hearted boy I have ever met. He is so smart and full of love and happiness. When we first met him and his parents, he had so much fun at the Science Museum we went to. He just kept zooming off this way and that, overwhelmed and awed at everything he was learning. When the time got closer for me to give birth, he would come kiss my swollen tummy and tell his sister how much he loved her. When he came to the hospital, he was calling her name down the halls, looking desperately for her. When we were blessed enough to visit them when she was about three months old, I spent most of my time playing with him. I would put his arms around my shoulders and pick him up on my back and run around the house like a plane and every time I set him down he would beg me "let's do that again!" So naturally, I would. At one point, I set him down on his bed and he grabbed my face and kissed me and said " I love you." Naturally, I melted into a giant puddle. I love that little boy so much! He is such an amazing brother and I could not have asked for more. I know in my heart that he is the one I can trust to protect her when they are in school and he will do it with the lion heart I know he has. I am so sad that his birth parents are not really involved in his life. But I am so grateful that his real parents love Ethan and I so much that we may get to know him, as well as our girl. We have, in a way, become his adopted birth parents, and that is the way we intend to treat him- equally with our girl. Any other way would be unfair, and rude. 

I was so surprised to hear from Ethan that he knows who I am. Apparently, when his mother asked who Ethan was, he said "Margie!" Apparently, we are the same person to him, which I am okay with. He also recognized me in a picture! I could not believe it. This sweet boy knows me, after meeting me only a few times! I feel so special. I am so grateful to God for that. I cannot wait until we get to see them again and this little boy can fill my heart with joy once again. And I thank God for him. For the adoptive parents, that they were blessed with this child. And for my own girl, that she will have the best big brother I could ever imagine. And I hope that his ability to remember me is a precursor to how that little girl will know me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment