Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Story

She was perfection. Eight pounds, five ounces. And after 21 brutal hours, and an emergency c-section, she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Even if the first words said to me regarding her were "Look at her head!" (from my sweet, goofy future husband). The night she was born, she didn't cry. She just looked at all of us. These three families crowded around, eagerly awaiting her presence. The moment she was held by one of us, the moment she won them over. I knew as soon as I saw her with them that I had not been led astray. This was God's plan, thirty years in the making. And as soon as I got the chance to finally have her to myself, the moment I realized that she was real. That it hadn't all been a dream. That the day in the doctor's office three short months before where I was told I was pregnant and that was the source of the pain in my stomach had really happened. And it was when he held her that I knew: I never wanted this man to leave my life. I wanted to wear his name for the rest of my life. And I sat back in that bed, slightly dazed from the morphine, and I started thanking God for this pain that I would live with for the rest of my life.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Margie, my name is Hanna. I'm 16 and I very recently had put a child up for adoption (July). Reading your story is inspirational and it's great to know that I'm not the only person who feels the way I do. I'd love to chat sometime! Thank you so much for all you do.(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanna, let me just say that I already love you, with all my heart. I would LOVE to talk to you, whenever. Please feel free to email me whenever, it would be such an honor. hyacinthippie22@gmail.com Thank you so much for finding this! It means everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margie! It wouldn't let me send an email to that address. ): Maybe try mine? It's just hanna.cosgrove@gmail.com . Hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete